Color is fabulous…and terrifying! It is the foundation of every great space and also, the easiest place to make mistakes. Whether you are selecting a color for a client or your own home, you need to establish the parameters. Here is our quick 3 point approach to color selection.
1. Understand the job description of the color.
Are you trying to make the room look larger, smaller, cozy or sophisticated? Do you want the colors to advance or recede? Are you selling or staying in the house…you need to establish the color’s job before you can create the perfect palette. Your color choices will change contingent on its purpose.
2. Know where you or your client prefers their color.
Do they like to be surrounded by it or prefer pops of color? Do they prefer contrast or blending? Do they like it in the Function, Power or Skyline Zone? Color is like hot fudge sauce on a sundae…do you want a lot or a little?
3. Establish Saturation not Hue Preference.
Hue doesn’t matter, it is the version of a hue your client prefers that will help you move forward. In other words, to say blue is my favorite color creates confusion. But if your client says I love a grayed, soft blue, it will help you better visualize the blue she prefers and the other colors you can mix and match. That is why we created the Confident Color Profile test to help you in 3 minutes understand your client’s color preference.
Want to know More?
- Regular $895/Summer School Special $695 REGISTER HERE
- Online Class-Instructor Led-6 Consecutive Tuesdays July 31-Sept.4, 7-8:30 PM ET
- Each live session recorded for review at student leisure
- Private FB Page
- Syllabus- Each week will have an assignment to maximize student learning.Weeks may not follow exactly depending on student questions.
- Week 1-Emotional, Physical and Visual Impact of Color, Color harmonies and wheel Exploring Support Materials,
- Decoding Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams Color Decks
- Week 2- 3 Elements of Color, Overtones, Undertones, Hue Bias
- Week 3-Understanding Neutrals, Whites, and Grays
- Week 4-Client Consultations How-to, Forms, Color Profile Test,
- Week 5-Textiles, Textures, Patterns, and Finishes
- Week 6-Turning Color into Cash
- Color Study and Online Color Test
- Each student will also have a private one on one phone session with JoAnne during class time.
Certified Confident Color System Summer School
This powerful class is an in-depth look at the color selection process. From the initial color consultation to identifying undertones, understanding color’s impact and turning it into a lucrative business or service, this class has it covered. Taught in an instructor-led by Confident Color System creator, JoAnne Lenart-Weary, in a 6-week online version, this class is a don’t miss. JoAnne is known for her practical and systematic approach to teaching all facets of the decorating and staging process. Don’t worry if you can’t attend a live session as each week is also recorded for your review.
IMPORTANT-STUDENT SUPPLY LIST PROVIDED BY STUDENT
- The student should set up a professional account at MyS-W.com
- Sherwin Williams New Color Deck (if you have an old one, (black cover) have that also) (new deck available online or local paint store)
- Benjamin Moore Classic Color Deck
- 2″ Loose Leaf Binder Rings (6)
- Cox Creative Color Wheel
- 2 bottles of acrylic paint-Orange and Blue (about $2 each at Walmart or Michaels)
- White card stock or poster board for paint exercise
- 1″ Paint Brush
- Six 1/4 yard pieces of home decor fabric-3 print and 3 solid (not needed until Week 3)
- Forms and support handouts will be provided by JoAnne
LIMITED CLASS SIZE-REGISTER QUICKLY